I spent the last two months in a little cubicle in Damansara, living a life I never thought I'd ever have. As of August 19th, a number on my bucketlist is crossed out, and I can safely call myself, a writer! :D
If it's not in flashing lights (!!) already, it's been one of my deep set embedded desires to take up writing. And what I've gone through the last two months, is a reality closer to my wildest dreams than I would have ever hoped for.
Two months: a life comprised of pin stripes and works schedules and board meetings. Cursing heavy duty traffic (as long as it's moving, it's good), smoked clotted skies, punching cards and deadlines, I made harbour immersing in the pursuit of knowledge everyday. As dreary as it sounds, I honestly had a maniacally, stupendously, brilliant time.
There was the fantastic fashion shoot at satellite building of KL International Airport. Imagine bags of designer garments harboured at the golden Teratai Lounge, a whole day overlooking the scape of international aeroplanes. There was the day trip outstation all the way to Seremban and Nilai, to have a photo shoot with a cardiologist and interviews with international medical students of KPJ. There was the wonderful lunch at the premier lounge as a treat by KPJ's Corporate Comm Manager, and a mind opening talk on human rights at the prestigious Banker's Club by the Ambassador of Mexico.
In essence, one bright sunny evening, I was on my way back from Ampang, alone. Regardless of the highlighted route in the GPS, I took a wrong turning and ended up in the quirkier areas of KL near Masjid Jamek and Dataran Merdeka. It was me + voice recorder + notepad + pen + earphones vs. traffic jam + trying to not curse the navigating gadget stuck on my wind shield. I paused that moment for my eternity and let it envelope me, the sights, the sounds, the people, the colours. I remembered thinking: at this moment in time, I'm doing something that I love. It was a delirious feeling.
I can't even begin to fully convey to you what view of the world I grasped through that window, swathe of stark realities and fuzzy fantasies-come-life scenarios. I met so many people, I learnt the manner of professionalism and the power of passion. It didn't go without trepidations and early morning dread. However, to know that I actually stuck through and immersed myself in the editorial board of a magazine publishing company (covering a slew of substances from engineering, techs, business, lifestyle to medicine) I can look back and say I'm glad, proud. I even cried on my last day (': getting paid for doing something you love isn't a privilege a lot of people can honestly say they've been granted.
Special, hearfelt kudos to Ayne (aynezaharof.blogspot.com). Notes as well to my boss, Dato' Beatrice, and everyone I've had the pleasure to work with: Marina, Aru, Sara, Syafiq, Balqish, Eddy, Ned, Suyin, Rachel, Chloe, Aminur, Babu, Maria, Kavitha, Dairen :)
I wish all of you the best and most prosperous luck for your future endeavours, till we meet again (;
Two months: a life comprised of pin stripes and works schedules and board meetings. Cursing heavy duty traffic (as long as it's moving, it's good), smoked clotted skies, punching cards and deadlines, I made harbour immersing in the pursuit of knowledge everyday. As dreary as it sounds, I honestly had a maniacally, stupendously, brilliant time.
There was the fantastic fashion shoot at satellite building of KL International Airport. Imagine bags of designer garments harboured at the golden Teratai Lounge, a whole day overlooking the scape of international aeroplanes. There was the day trip outstation all the way to Seremban and Nilai, to have a photo shoot with a cardiologist and interviews with international medical students of KPJ. There was the wonderful lunch at the premier lounge as a treat by KPJ's Corporate Comm Manager, and a mind opening talk on human rights at the prestigious Banker's Club by the Ambassador of Mexico.
In essence, one bright sunny evening, I was on my way back from Ampang, alone. Regardless of the highlighted route in the GPS, I took a wrong turning and ended up in the quirkier areas of KL near Masjid Jamek and Dataran Merdeka. It was me + voice recorder + notepad + pen + earphones vs. traffic jam + trying to not curse the navigating gadget stuck on my wind shield. I paused that moment for my eternity and let it envelope me, the sights, the sounds, the people, the colours. I remembered thinking: at this moment in time, I'm doing something that I love. It was a delirious feeling.
I can't even begin to fully convey to you what view of the world I grasped through that window, swathe of stark realities and fuzzy fantasies-come-life scenarios. I met so many people, I learnt the manner of professionalism and the power of passion. It didn't go without trepidations and early morning dread. However, to know that I actually stuck through and immersed myself in the editorial board of a magazine publishing company (covering a slew of substances from engineering, techs, business, lifestyle to medicine) I can look back and say I'm glad, proud. I even cried on my last day (': getting paid for doing something you love isn't a privilege a lot of people can honestly say they've been granted.
Special, hearfelt kudos to Ayne (aynezaharof.blogspot.com). Notes as well to my boss, Dato' Beatrice, and everyone I've had the pleasure to work with: Marina, Aru, Sara, Syafiq, Balqish, Eddy, Ned, Suyin, Rachel, Chloe, Aminur, Babu, Maria, Kavitha, Dairen :)
I wish all of you the best and most prosperous luck for your future endeavours, till we meet again (;
No comments:
Post a Comment