Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Slice of The Humble Pie

To: headofproject@company.com
From: me@company.com
Subject: Re: Project XYZ
xd
Dear X, 
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate the comments. It's especially invaluable as the experience and environment is new to me, and every step of the way is a learning process. It's fully noted, I'll ensure the mistakes would not be repeated. Thank you very much for the opportunity.   
Regards, 
Me

Among the legion of lessons I received during the holidays - in the face of adversity, keep calm. When your ego is pulverized and your inadequacy underscored, keep, calm. Spend a whole, turmoiled night in utter anguish over a reprimanding blow, raging about the unfairness of hierarchy and protocol. Spend a whole, simmering morning afterwards sponging up a well of sense. Then, and only then, allow yourself to respond in all honesty, with humbleness and patience. It's the sensible things, that projects an essence of maturity. Once you recognize that, I think, the path of success would be much, much brighter (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels