Twenty years on, I can honestly reminisce in overwhelming love at the blessings I've been granted in this life. There's been curve balls thrown with fires of shame and fury. There's been prizes of diamonds bestowed, shimmering with prosperity and success. But most of all, the first two decades of my life was a kaleidoscopic tapestry of defining moments, ones that can be happily relayed; proudly cased in place of a netherworld of nothings, for there's nothing quite as abysmal as a lifetime frittered away.
I thought of commemorating this wonderful day by construing all of my accomplishments and badges, my own personal treasure trove of successes. There's been moments in my lifetime worth the dice of gold and I felt like sharing it with the world. But I realised some time after that, for now, it's not about what's been done, but what's to come. A mountain worth of fortune is worth nothing if it does not aid the world. So with that in mind, I welcome the new age with more more hope and appreciation, more thirst of knowledge and love.
I thought of commemorating this wonderful day by construing all of my accomplishments and badges, my own personal treasure trove of successes. There's been moments in my lifetime worth the dice of gold and I felt like sharing it with the world. But I realised some time after that, for now, it's not about what's been done, but what's to come. A mountain worth of fortune is worth nothing if it does not aid the world. So with that in mind, I welcome the new age with more more hope and appreciation, more thirst of knowledge and love.
However, just to jazz up the almost sentimental essay - I've enthusiastically scribbled the twenty things a girl must do in her lifetime, as compiled by yours truly. (List) read books, make art, make music, play sports, have intelligent conversations, watch awesome movies, meet people, explore everywhere! Stay humble, always. Taste the finer things in life, appreciate the horrible ones. Never forget your family, never neglect your friends. Study smart, don't take things too seriously, it's not the end of the world. Stay true. Pray. Eat! Share. Have a goal - always, always dream big. And the one unspoken, the utmost - Love. Never forget to love.
Now you are all grown up to be a fine young lady - my mother. Alhamdulillah :')
I thank everyone who's celebrated the day and shared my joy (; For all the Pos, the first velvet cake and our mounds of desert at The Apartment. For my Kepauk girls, the marshmallow birthday trophy and our late night talk, and a wonderful lunch at The Garden. For A, a wonderful dinner at PJ Hilton and my newly beloved mini diana (': To Fsh and Pinky, for a mindblowing, jaw dropping surprise party at Atmosphere in the KL Tower. For my family, the traditional dinner at Chili's KLCC, and for being there for me forever. For my wonderful girlfriends, a super pretty cupcake party at Wondermilk in Solaris. To WII, a whole bag full of books and moustaches! Thanks a million for coming home this March. Elpo, for a box full of chocolates, Mipo, for the painting. And last but not least, for everyone who took the time to bless me with a wish, be it phone, facebook or twitter. :) Thank you, very, very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment