Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Zahir

acomodador (origin: mexican) (noun) definition: giving up point- there is always an event in our lives that is responsible for us failing to progress: a trauma, a particularly bitter defeat, a disappointment in love, even a victory that we did not quite understand, can make cowards of us and prevent us from moving on.

I'm aware of every breath, every second, every moment in passing in which the grains of time fails to satisfy the hungers of my heart. I feel as if I've been running in perpetuum, an eternity of inhalations and exhalations. The seraphic oases that litter the length of my horizon end up being only mirages; fake, filmy images I could never keep, never own. I falter. I know that I can't, I mustn't, plunge too far, too deep, too long. Drowning isn't an option but yet the currents feel too strong, and I, too weak. There's too many barriers holding me back and I keep searching for a palpable summit but there's a drag weighing me down, simply curbing me from progress. However in the deep recesses of my heart I'm aware that the strength I seek is within myself. Words of the wise; Don't give up, keep moving. And yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels