And I stood there amidst the captured crowd; my heart pounding with every boom of the showering stars, my breath staggering as the myriad of sparkling sounds and fiery colours cascaded under the night sky, pouring on to the dim lit gardens and lakes belonging to the city of my dreams. The air was heavy with musical tinkles and musky flower scents and carnival odours, a backdrop to the tableau of fantastical gardens and shimmering fairylights.
It had been pure chance, a second of defiance that had carried me, with utter surprise, to Floria. I was entirely alone, phone spent, but the wonderland that awaited was nothing short of spectacular, and I was entirely mesmesrised. There will always be a sense of reverie that rises in me every time a pilgrimage to Putrajaya is made, an offer for divine escape that I am eternally grateful for. Whisper to your own city, I heard once, there is beauty everywhere. Floria, July 2012.

No comments:
Post a Comment