"We are all here, as one, united with a purpose. There is nothing more revolutionary than the sharing of knowledge, and I am very happy and thankful that that is what we stand for. We've come a long way, and though many of our goals have not yet been met, our hopes are high. All of us in this room, and outside in the world: we are family, we are friends, we are all teachers and students of each other. We are a part of something bigger, something that we will grow and spread even further. This library is home to knowledge, to hope, to enlightenment. The library, is home to you."
Very few official ceremonial speeches succeed in being inspiring and impelling in reverence. The one given by the vice chairman of Selangor Public Library during the appreciation dinner, however, moved me impeccably. To light, I am now an ambassador of PPAS, a position I take very close to heart - it is an undisclosed fact that I am irrevocably in love with books, and to be recognized of this fervour by the purveyors and pursuers of knowledge is an honour to behold.
Dinner montage on youtube - Regardless of flaws, thank you, for this, I am truly blessed and humbled.
Very few official ceremonial speeches succeed in being inspiring and impelling in reverence. The one given by the vice chairman of Selangor Public Library during the appreciation dinner, however, moved me impeccably. To light, I am now an ambassador of PPAS, a position I take very close to heart - it is an undisclosed fact that I am irrevocably in love with books, and to be recognized of this fervour by the purveyors and pursuers of knowledge is an honour to behold.
Dinner montage on youtube - Regardless of flaws, thank you, for this, I am truly blessed and humbled.
No comments:
Post a Comment