Sunday, November 11, 2012

Everest

Hi Acacia,
sd
Good to see you last night. As I said, the trek to Everest Base Camp rewards you with unforgettable views of the highest mountains. These mountains were previously known by a local name which, translated, means 'the mountain so high that no bird can fly over it.' The mind really cannot imagine how large these peaks are; they have to be seen to be believed. The spectacular way the cornices hang over the edge of the mountain; the crevasses which are so deep that the sherpas say if you fall into one, you fall all the way to the America; the snow on the faces of the mountains - cold, hard, icy yet on second glance reveal an ethereal pureness and an otherwordly beauty that the soul - your soul - knows it is privileged to witness. 

The mountain you see here is Everest. After many, many days of trekking, the hardship you went through immediately disappear the moment you see... the tallest mountain on Earth. You can't frame your experience in words. All you know is that your soul feels something deep, something that connects you with the bigger meaning of life and, more importantly, something that connects you with who you are, casting aside your name, your race, your ambitions. These mountains connect you with your inner peace.

sd
When the time is right, go. Come with me. I'll take care of you each step of the way.
sd
Peace and bliss,
Imran
July 2011








I have an amazing cousin who takes a holiday, once a year or so, to climb the base of Mount Everest. I've kept these photos in my email archives for quite some time. Every time I see this, I can't help marvelling; of all the wonders in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels