Thursday, February 28, 2013

Lines

It's time again where I'm overcome with a sense of loss, towards all the people I have met and would never know intimately. Of all the characters from all walks of life that I've stumbled across, conversed with, shared a small random experience together, that I would never be able to sit across on a wicker chair at a porch and spend a day away with in harmony. Gaze into the eyes of an acquaintance and envision what life would have been like if we'd decided to spend part of our selves together - find each other's deepest secrets and worse habits, or clasped our hands together for warmth. The thing about intimacy is that it's a novelty, a special jewel that occurs only once or twice between two people after time, trial and trust. You don't get to find out what everyone's like deep inside, not without all the effort and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels