Thursday, May 16, 2013

Possums

Challenge 13: Three confessions of your choice
I sincerely can't think of anything I'd voluntarily choose to confess,
I'll trade it with 5 random thoughts instead, from the past week. 

i ) Look at us. We're scared of hell, we take religion. We're scared of failure, we rise to occasions. We're scared of being eliminated, we keep secrets. We're scared of losing, we protect the ones we love. Fear is fundamentally the essence of survival. With fear you have power. You can manipulate to attain respect - or to maneuver chaos. Forget love. Forget hope and courage. You want the ultimate control? Find their fear.

ii ) Centuries from now, in the Extinct Species section of a civil museum, a tour guide would gesture to a display and say, "and this here, is a 'Homosapien with Integrity'. Estimated to have died out around the 21st century, when the act of corruption, dishonesty and backstabbing, became a norm, especially among public figures."

iv ) You look around and you'll notice that the issue with Generation X-Y is that they feel entitled. Born into an era where everything is at their fingertips. Like mobile phones and personal cars are a human right. Like social status is a survival guide. Accepting products without considering the concept of reward.  "Do you really deserve/need that new gadget/toy?""What do you mean deserve? Everyone has one, so I should get one too. I got it under a telecom/bank/parent loan, but that doesn't matter, I have one. Isn't it cool?"

iv ) I've been subjected to the almost illusive question: What drives you? As in, what motivates you to do things? Is it to become rich, or to make your parents proud? Or is it based on your personal bucketlist - to find your true love? Technically, there's no right or wrong answer. Though I suppose once you've figured it out you'll also begin understand your priorities in life. So really, what drives you?

v ) "At any rate, I'm thankful I was born at a time where my looks are considered beautiful. I mean, I'm super tall, thin, with super straight shiny hair and puffy lips!  In this era people consider I look like a model. But if I was born in the 1800s, all those curvaceous ladies with frizzy hair and powdered skin would look at me like a social loser. So I guess you could damn well say the perception of beauty is effectively influenced by time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels