Monday, May 6, 2013

Wrap up

Following GE 13...

A day of interviews, learning and speculation.
A day of discussing democracy, maturity and opportunities with 
Jason Lee, graduate of MSCA and first time volunteer
Dato' Dr Raja Mohamad Abdullah, CEO of OIC Today, and
Prof Dato' Dr Ibrahim Ahmad Bajunid, Deputy Vice Chancellor of INTI University.

I was overwhelmed with the knowledge my guests had, of tolerance and justice, and long term vision of the future. It was a very eye opening experience, to see how social-psychology dynamics affect us and our political roles in the society (am I pro? con? a persuader? a critic?), as well as the rest of the world when they see Malaysia (are we seen as a country of peace? or immature?) - as opposed to the constant complains and scandal that are flying around. At the age of 21 this is the first elections I've personally participated in, even though I didn't vote, but the point is to be, at least aware of current events. 

I remain loyal to my country, and to the party that will contribute best to our progress. 
We are a long way from perfection, but we are constantly developing, and every step towards a good goal will be invaluable.





Sincerely, your rookie newsreader. 

PS:/ It came to me as an enormous shock when after the interview, Dr Ibrahim looked at me and said "This girl here, sangat muda dan sangat petah berkata. I remember you, we've met before, you know". I, gobsmacked, had no memory of this man whatsoever. How is it that this man of outstanding status recalls me, and I have no memory of this? This is going to trouble my mind forever. Did I meet him at one of the education ceremonies I attended? At a corporate meeting? At a launch? Oh dear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels