Monday, June 10, 2013

Dreams

You sent me a photo of a magnificent structure, so alien in shape and staggering in sheer size. Layers of concrete curves dripping down on to asphalt, with smoke from polluted streets wafting around. Lights were twinkling, fading and glimmering as only lights in romantic dirty cities could. And you captioned this photo with 'we are walking here, my arm around your shoulders, telling you it will be alright. I want to show you the world'. And it grabbed my heart and twisted me until the next thing I knew I was there, in Saudi, looking for you, and perhaps this happened months or years or even a lifetime ago. Stepped outside airports and stations and I saw the balcony and the view of this alien structure, when I realised you weren't there and I was lost in a sea of familiar strangers.

After all this even my subconsciousness is still tied up in flimsy lockets, to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels