Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A point in the timeline

So, where are you right now, at the age of 21?

Hello. I just finished my degree in architecture. I'm planning on continuing my masters next year. Currently I'm a news editor and news presenter. I'm also a freelance food writer. On weekends I participate in team building facilitation camps around Malaysia, and on other spare time I contribute to creative consultations for the state library. I'm swimming every week, I play squash, I hang out with friends a lot and I'm home once a week, at most :) Once in a while I do charity work.

No. Where are you right now, at the age of 21?

Oh. I'm in a good place. I'm quite in a stable state of emotion. Realizing and appreciating rationality and realistic reasoning instead of blind, rash acts has become a daily practice. I have my temperamental days but that's a given. I'm thankful for the people I have around me. Scheduling meetings and discussing projects, sharing jokes, planning trips with friends are normal events. My love for reading and writing is being nourished, and my mental state is constantly hungry for new ventures. While I have the energy to indulge and explore, why not?

You don't understand. Where, are you, right now, at the age of 21?

Right. Okay. Here it is. At the age of 21, I'm learning. Every day presents a new thought, a new challenge, a new blessing. At times its a struggle to keep up with physical and mental demands, but there's that beauty in chaos, in knowing that I'm working very hard, and hoping to reap my rewards later. I'm at an age where I'm experiencing new things and meeting new people and cultivating all the knowledge I could gain. It's a point in life I'm steering comfortably, and while I have my plans and goals for the future, (long, and short term) right now I'm settled for enjoying, and making the most of my present. I'm growing, and the world, alhamdulillah, is tough but good.


Blessings, always counting blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels