Friday, January 17, 2014

Belated Love

What could I present someone who could have all the material things to be desired? For in my eyes you deserved so much more than physical objects, or at the very least, only the best ones for your possessions. But even the most extravagant designer wears or newly released gadgets seem insufficient compared to the magnitude of my intentions. I wished to shower you with splendidly invaluable things, the ones that'll last forever, the ones even money can't buy. So in this honour I gave memories and time instead; slopping on ice cream late at night on swing sets, the force of an endless hug, a candid video of spontaneous outings, company on errands, hopelessly long conversations, fingers entwined tight, eyes reflecting minds and moons. The hours that would carry the acts to be remembered three, five or ten years from now: from me, to you; from you, to me. They were filled with nothing less than the warmest care and finest hopes. I'm sorry, soul, I've only my deepest, sincerest love to give you in what little time is left. I hope it'll be with you, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels