Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Dracula Process i.e. Redha

I've decided to worry less.

The most despairing thing of fear is that it has the capability to cripple every ounce of belief I possess, and force myself into the submission of a consuming worry. It doesn't hit often, but when it does it devours all of my thoughts to the point of paranoia, and I'm submitted to to a regalia of spams, from sweaty palms, nervous thoughts, to a pounding heart. It shuns my value of self so much that I'm almost mentally paralised for days on end. 

It's often the notion of not knowing an outcome that straps me into a straight jacket, kicking and screaming. The unknown is a non entity that I'm immensely unequipped to face - because what if, or how about, or what then. Either that, or not being able to attain the object of my uttermost desire. I very rarely want something with all of my consumed being, but when I do, the smallest idea of not being able to acquire it has me broken, sometimes mute and hysterical, even before the fight. 

Results of rational thinking eventually calms me down and I slowly muster my energy to fight the negative. It begins with identifying exactly what it is that forces me into such fear - and then finding alternatives, and accepting them. It may not work for every encompassing sphere of decisions but for the most part, it is a sturdy fallback. The main thing to ask is: what's the worse that could happen, and could you live and work through that? It takes into account the lowering of ego, and understanding fate's crooked hands.

I realised once I've identified the consequences and compensation plans, and am able to live with them, I've already won the fight. Life requires equal measure of luck, action and the nods from destiny. If you've settled the scores from your end, the universe will ensure the rest goes according to plan. Sometimes shit happens, and sometimes miracles happen - no matter what you do - and to be at peace with all these possible forces is the secret to being fine. Keeping in mind that you can't always manage outcomes, but you can always control your reactions. 

Because at the end of the day, you're only against yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels