"Did I ever realise it would come to this? No, I didn't. Not from the very first moment when our eyes caught across suburbia, not when my heart escaped in inexplicable ecstasy when we were thrown into the same net of student discourses, when we dived into our wild escapades that rocketed beyond reason. I didn't even realise how deep I'd fallen, even when our young hands clasped together and my finger felt yours, warm, soft, strong. Even when I was trying to ignore the elephant of the universe that was my racing pulse, pumping adrenaline of tentacled desires, that had already set root in the deepest corners of my being. Your face, your skin, your voice, your warmth. How you could make me feel, as if heaven and hell could crash and I would still float, even while drowning, in your arms. How I only had to turn and find your gaze, and lightning would crash through my soul and yet I could embrace the comforts of your safety, and the delirium of your ardor."
Drafts, 2012
No comments:
Post a Comment