Our souls will claim the night.
2.15am Vauxhall to Kensington: I'm nestled in the back seat of an X5, post rendezvous featuring seafood marinara and card games, with a collection of amazing friends. My stomach is slightly hurting from snickering about englishmen and their hatred of spicy food, while Lykke Li is crooning in the speakers. The white Victorian buildings are passing by under the orange street lamps in a blur, and because we've decided to slide down the windows, the wind is playfully lapping on my cheeks and hair, cold and refreshing. Around me everyone is conversing and laughing over each other. Udin is dropping off Min to her home, then Liy and Anas at Lancaster gate, then Fish and I are headed to the airport. I've a plane to catch to a strange new European city in a couple of hours with my best friend, packed and ready to go. I'm young. I'm free. I'm alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment