"That is actually a brilliant idea. You've interpreted the essay question in such a clever way. This is really awesome. When I said your tutorial might take 5 minutes I didn't literally expect it to take 5 minutes. You know it's a Friday evening and you're tired, and people are not exactly giving me what I'd expect, and then you come in with this idea. I craft these essay questions to make them seem really boring, just to see how the students might interpret them and I must say, I did not expect this at all. Even I wouldn't have interpreted it this way. Hospitality and pavilions, what a really cool idea. This has all tied up quite neatly, the scope."
I'm keeping this comment by my lecturer here, to bottle up the feeling of immense gratitude and achievement that I felt during my essay proposal tutorial today.
I'd narrowed down two suggestions out of a 141 selection of questions (141! It was a 15 page of 'here you go, absorb these and get back to me with your favourite question on which I could grade you') that he had handed out to the class. One being 'science fiction theory as architecture' (examples: The Matrix, Asgard), but I was gravitating towards 'theories of hospitality in design'. The standard outtake of the latter topic would be studies on hotels, but I dove straight into my case study which were the Maggie Centers, a sort of cross hybrid of hospital, hotel, and services. Mark, my lecturer, had to digest the idea for around two minutes before he finally groaned out loud and gave me the comment above. I ended up laughing out loud with relief in reply, because at 2pm was still in bed, not quite willing to go to class or meet the lecturer.
This one goes up there with the A+++ I received for my literature review during my degree thesis. I'm just gonna really hold on to this gratifying feeling for the rest of the day, because it's so rare in college that you get moments equivalent to hitting the ball out of the park. Alhamdulillah.
I'm keeping this comment by my lecturer here, to bottle up the feeling of immense gratitude and achievement that I felt during my essay proposal tutorial today.
I'd narrowed down two suggestions out of a 141 selection of questions (141! It was a 15 page of 'here you go, absorb these and get back to me with your favourite question on which I could grade you') that he had handed out to the class. One being 'science fiction theory as architecture' (examples: The Matrix, Asgard), but I was gravitating towards 'theories of hospitality in design'. The standard outtake of the latter topic would be studies on hotels, but I dove straight into my case study which were the Maggie Centers, a sort of cross hybrid of hospital, hotel, and services. Mark, my lecturer, had to digest the idea for around two minutes before he finally groaned out loud and gave me the comment above. I ended up laughing out loud with relief in reply, because at 2pm was still in bed, not quite willing to go to class or meet the lecturer.
This one goes up there with the A+++ I received for my literature review during my degree thesis. I'm just gonna really hold on to this gratifying feeling for the rest of the day, because it's so rare in college that you get moments equivalent to hitting the ball out of the park. Alhamdulillah.
Alhamdulillah good for you Acacia! Love your Instagram photos.
ReplyDeleteHey, thank you so much! :)
Delete