Saturday, December 6, 2014

Personal Pieces

With constant updates on the milestones of my acquaintances on social media, I'm regularly reminded of the underlying fact that This Is The Time Of Our Lives. Not implying on the wastage of our prime, but an observation that is coming from slightly more melancholic undertones. All those conversations in high school where you used to wonder who'd end up with whom, who'd get married first, what job we would take, and the life we would create - all the answers are unfolding now. I'm scrolling through various timelines and witnessing virtually the development of long lost friends and close family, seeing their babies, weddings, holidays, 25th birthday parties (remember when we considered 25 a lightyear away, where our lives would be sorted out? What did we know, we thought 20 was a ripe age of maturity), graduations, and first job selfies. At the same time I can't help looking around at the life I've grown and wonder exactly, deep down, if this is to the fabrication of my dreams and ideal. Despite being immensely gratified and blessed with all that I have around me, I'm still holding on to the thought of discovery. Maybe I'm the one people will regard and say 'look how she turned out, look how she's going out and seeing the world'. 

I wonder of the person you're turning out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels