Friday, January 2, 2015

And a joyful ..

Physical Disposition: I am standing with my toes sinking into the frosty air, on a balcony over looking the Halic Strait in Istanbul. Come the anticipated 00:00, numerous fireworks flicker in the horizons, above and between the cubic structures rising up to convey Taksim. They are a smattering of colors against the night sky, crackling and popping with the echoes of faraway cheers. The five of us, a collection of random company if there ever was one, give each other cheers and pats and goodwill.

Mental Disposition: The gravity of returning further away from home is once again anchoring my bones to the depths of some conflicting state. I've slowly stopped believing in the power of 'new years' and 'resolutions', taking them as figurative notches in time as opposed to life earning landmarks. I've my own goals set and they are not defined by any dictated days. This night feels even more so like any other night with the added weight of flying away from my mother and being further away from my friends at home. The truth is I laid off the pleasantries and excitement of exchanging written wishes to people because I didn't quite want to remind myself of everything that I'll be missing. I'll come around, with an honestly happier stance, enough to expel cheerful greetings.

Virtual Disposition: Unfailingly curated, a portrayal of wondrous sights, some candid thoughts - with addition to, the increasingly conflicting jumble of words that is archived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels