Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bottoms Up!

A caelo usque ad centrum.

Finally grounded at home, finding multiple meanings in the word 'bedlam'. It feels like the new (academic) year has officially begun, and time is slipping steadfastly into all the pending submissions and supplications required for the upcoming months. I'm nestled in my bed and it's dawning that I never really reviewed my past year, having ridden the high enough that I didn't have time to stop (an amazing position to be in) for any reflections. 2014 was possibly the year to conquer all years in terms of flight, dreams and life changing milestones (so far in this wonderful life). I'll recollect the moments in my head and curate them properly soon. That aside, and it's been mentioned enough by myself and countless others, my excursions through Istanbul and Ireland proved fairly that they were both magnificent, incredible, jaw dropping places. I've experienced so much of these tiny parts of the world in the past 2 years and I can't wait to see what 2015 would bring. This is just a small portion of the emotional miscellany, one that contains dashes of dread, gloom, among its sparkling slivers of hope, positivity and determination. I'll get around to the deeper existential questions in review of the past year (Have I grown? How so? What do I want to achieve this upcoming months? Am I on the path towards my goals? Adulthood = Hello! vs. Agh no!). And suddenly, with that past sentence a whole multitude of agenda just popped up, which is my cue to chill. Everything will be figured out and unfold in it's due course. Here's to the beginning, and another marvelous Gregorian year of me attempting to fill this blog with discipline and diligence. Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels