Friday, March 20, 2015

Divertimento

Hey Sha.

Here's the reality of it:  Pretty people (or in your case, exceptionally pretty people) tend to skive through life easily. Studies have shown that being physically attractive have positive effects on job prospects, even salary. And even in college, lecturers tend to favour the ones their eyes prefer than the smart, nerdy types. This has roots in basic human psychology, but I'm not gonna touch that.

The fact of the matter is, from what I know of you, you live your life as an exception to the rule. You don't want to just be that beautiful girl everyone marvels at. You want to command the attention of those around you through the successes that only a strong, dedicated, powerful woman can achieve. If you could, you'd want your beauty to come second to your achievements, correct?

On the handful of occasions I've mentioned you in conversation with friends, I've always marvelled at your drive to get a masters degree. I have told you directly that it isn't completely necessary in order to forge a noteworthy career. And yet off you went. Despite all this, you still manage to carve out enough time and save enough money to travel to Amsterdam, to Istanbul, to Dublin, and to Berlin.

If you get demotivated, then it leaves little chance for mere mortals like myself to ever get anywhere. You've achieved so much already. You know you can keep going. And if you've run out of faith in yourself, you can borrow a little of mine.

Keep your head down, and trudge on. For whatever it's worth, I believe in you. 


- CM

Friends like these are the reason I feel I owe the universe my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels