11. Talk about the best dream you've ever had
Mon dieu.
I could whisper out magical incantations and enchant flying carpets. I could be skimming across far away galaxies or swim in a river of gold. I could be a meteoric star on the walk of fame, climbing through tropical forests, scaling and sweeping around elements. But then there was this one Saturday evening where I walked into the kitchen of my apartment in Greenwich, to have my gaze settle upon the sun burning as it set over the London skyline. And there it was - a reality that was better than the best dream I've ever had.
There are instances at which I shake myself, forcing my heart to open up to the fact that I am young, I am healthy, I am free. I am loved. I am sponsored to live in a first class city to pursue a higher education, where an escape to the rest of the world is just a cheap flight away. I live in an apartment with a gorgeous view of the metropolitan skyline, a walk away from my beautiful world heritage university. This is my childhood dream. Keeping in mind of where it counts most. Alhamdulillah.
No comments:
Post a Comment