So! Finally, an update. It's been an astonishingly long period since I've had adequate free time to spell out my thoughts. My cryptic posts often calls for some invigorating thought processes before they are laid out in order, so this one's going to be one of the rare, candid mini essays.
The past few weeks have been a very hectic, confusing blur of finding a new tenant to sublet my apartment for the summer, packing up stuff and moving my belongings, hurrying to and fro academic offices, and squeezing time to meet everyone before I leave. And yes, I've finally departed London and can safely say I'm back in Shah Alam. I've saved my love for my favourite people in Brighton, Oxford, Kent, Bayswater, Greenwich and Lancaster Gate. I've reined in my green eyes from all of my studio mates and friends who are off travelling for the summer and spending the merriment of Ramadhan together in a foreign country - traded all these 'overseas' experiences to return home. And so, here I am. Assalamualaikum, Summer.
The past few weeks have been a very hectic, confusing blur of finding a new tenant to sublet my apartment for the summer, packing up stuff and moving my belongings, hurrying to and fro academic offices, and squeezing time to meet everyone before I leave. And yes, I've finally departed London and can safely say I'm back in Shah Alam. I've saved my love for my favourite people in Brighton, Oxford, Kent, Bayswater, Greenwich and Lancaster Gate. I've reined in my green eyes from all of my studio mates and friends who are off travelling for the summer and spending the merriment of Ramadhan together in a foreign country - traded all these 'overseas' experiences to return home. And so, here I am. Assalamualaikum, Summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment