I can't describe to you the feeling, but I can describe the events that happened. I can tell you that we piled into our mpv and bought food at the small hawker stalls down the road. They were selling mounds of rice and ayam percik, while the road was littered with dozens of cats strolling about, waiting for scraps. We ate together on the floor in a small chalet next to the beach, and afterwards we went outside and started playing with the sparklers. We ran around and made light patterns under the stars and the shadows of the palm trees, with the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and fireworks popping in the distance and the kids laughing crazily away. We sat on the sand then ran to the sea and hopped over the waves. All of us standing in a line, feeling the ocean breeze blowing our hair around our faces. I can't describe to you the feeling, but if I could, I would bottle up that moment, and carry it with me whenever I'm far away from home.

No comments:
Post a Comment