Monday, November 23, 2015

Piscinas de Mares

Piscinas de Mares by Alvaro Siza. 





The tea house and Leca baths on the shores of Palmeira, Portugal, is a stone and concrete structure, angular and edgy, that is built into the rocks. It is intimate, welcoming, and blends into the nature, complementing its surroundings. You don't even suspect there's a building, until you walk through corridors dug into the ground, and come out at an opening which has a brilliant view of the glittering seas. Shimmering sunshine, endless sky, crashing waves and clambering up rocks in the name of exploring architecture. I can't recall the last time I felt that relaxed. 


2 comments:

  1. Kak Acacia, just want to let you know that you inspired me so much. And can you share some tips on how you save your money? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Syairah, thnk you so much for your comment. I think big questions like that is easier to be asked on my ask.fm/acaciamardiana :)

      Delete

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels