24. Talk about something someone told you that meant a lot


Alan Menken and David Zippel's composition for Disney's animated Hercules has stuck with me for as long as I have needed an archetypal training montage song to get me through life. From studying hard for exams, to working nights during degree, to never giving up on pursuits. It's not the most popular of the conglomerate's repertoire, but I've always favoured this one for it's epic scale and personal touch. Music has powerful ways to influence how we fare in situations. It even, to a certain degree, affects our long term personality. I guess it's fitting that on my list of favourite anthems is one that serenades volumes of engaging effort to achieve a goal. The lyrics, carried with the melody of this song is so uplifting and motivating. It's one of the best messages to ever be heard by children, teaching them to dream, to have ambitions, to pursue a passion that means a lot to them. A far cry from the standard pining for romance, or fantastical intervention, or a song that refers to a specific situation. The beauty of this song is that it could be applied to any condition, and still be realistically obtainable. So I'm telling you, as I've told myself countless times - you can go the distance :')
No comments:
Post a Comment