Inception Level 6: I've spent an eternity in my mental grounds ruminating over my past conducts. If the mind was a physical architecture, mine would have monumental shrines dedicated to the magnitude of my deliberations. There would've been mammoth altars for unspoken sentiments, a whole archive filled with my conversations, and theaters brimming with acts and gestures. It would be a wasteland of Utopian proportions, with gradient skies, and flitting postcards flying in the air, tower blocks of text messages and rivers of facetime calls.
I could spend another eternity just digging through these manifestations, wondering how and why and when and what if - analysing each specimen to the core. It was during one of these exercises, while I was knee deep in a soil of misgivings, that I came upon a simple conclusion. In one second, I was consciously standing in front of the tombs enshrining one of my biggest demons. I realised that even if I had gone back to when I set up its foundation, I would've constructed it anyway, no change. Simply because I was curious, and my ego would have never forgiven me if I hadn't plunged in. In this world, constructed entities can never be demolished - but they could always be renovated.
TLDR; despite the free trip to mental hell, I would've done the same thing. And that is how you grow.
I could spend another eternity just digging through these manifestations, wondering how and why and when and what if - analysing each specimen to the core. It was during one of these exercises, while I was knee deep in a soil of misgivings, that I came upon a simple conclusion. In one second, I was consciously standing in front of the tombs enshrining one of my biggest demons. I realised that even if I had gone back to when I set up its foundation, I would've constructed it anyway, no change. Simply because I was curious, and my ego would have never forgiven me if I hadn't plunged in. In this world, constructed entities can never be demolished - but they could always be renovated.
TLDR; despite the free trip to mental hell, I would've done the same thing. And that is how you grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment