Sunday, April 24, 2016

A mental mixtape





A collection of wavering moods this past week, in contradicting trajectory, as per decorum.
With a slick addition contributed by Beyonce's Lemonade. 


I'm not one to fully jump on pop hype bandwagons (not in a timely manner, anyway) but having seen the artistic, raw, emotional, provocative and political undertones of her latest work (the visuals of the music videos were incredible! Coupled with her poetic yet point blank lyrics) sort of moved me on some weird, inherent level. You can check out some of the visual snaps here: link

Additional highlight of the week was having my lobster craving satisfied - cold cut shellfish in buttery toast, dipped in a well seasoned hollandaise sauce, plus parmesan dusted kale salad (courtesy of SOHO's Burger and Lobster) was a dinner for the books. For the record - I don't eat seafood. I don't eat salad. I don't even eat out. But those three states flew out of the window when rare cravings and lucky opportunity aligns. No regrets! Hehe. 

Also managed to catch a musical theater of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - which is basically me living my childhood dream. I wish they would have made the factory a little more fantastical and fun! But what I didn't expect was the values placed inside Charlie to be shown so well. He is so poor in material wealth and yet to loving, caring and selfless. Overall, had a wildly entertaining time at the show! Alhamdulillah for this abundant rezeki :) Now, back to work.. #prayforsha 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels