Saturday, July 30, 2016

A snapshot of the sand dunes


The jeep - to put it mildly - was galloping across the sand dunes, and we were rattling in the car, streaking through the glorious night. Four earnest and curious souls, perched within a metal vehicle, over a wide expanse of desert. I was gazing out of my window, towards the inky curves of the dunes, relishing as the cold wind slapped my face and flinching as the sand grains speckled onto my skin. Waheed was gunning the jeep faster, and in the passenger seat, I could see Adb's arm bouncing on the window sill. Next to me Amnz was whooping in delight, before he turned to me and said, "could you take a photo of this right now?" And at the speed we were going, in addition to the darkness, I knew that even a tripod in the car couldn't produce a worthy photo. I laughed and looked back out of the window, towards the sky that was bursting with stars, and said, "I can't! Just enjoy it, Min! Enjoy this one for your memories!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels