Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Fly and Fall

I come from a place of comfort. I come from the luxury of having loving, supportive parents, a circle of long term, familiar friends, and a country that is fairly at peace. I come from a fairly traditional, educational background, with a respectable degree, and a social circle to match my holistic growth. I have had the chance to indulge my curiosity through travelling the world, in meeting people, and sharing my experiences with others through online platforms. I come from the extravagance of a life that is enjoyable, easy in multiple ways, and substantially prosperous.

This background, however, does not deny me of strife. It does not exclude me from mental struggles, or the fight to be heard, independent, and successful. It does not mean that I am already accomplished to my best capabilities, because the fact that I have already so many stepping stones means that I should be more - a lesson that has been conditioned to me through my culture. I am the product of a 21st century, first world, millennial, urbanite, stance. I am battling the top tiers of Maslow's pyramid for love, belonging, self esteem and actualisation, and though it is a privilege, it is still a fight.

All this adds up to my character and my place in this world. One that is gifted with facilities and opportunities, and chained with responsibilities, expectations and ambitions. In this age I am lost as much as I am found, I am blessed as much as I am burdened, in ways that those residing in cushioned circles, may feel suffocated by the same softness. I do not deny my rights and my advantages, just as I do not deny my duties, authorities, and power. I am navigating this journey of entitlement an accountability, as another human hoping to carve a purpose in their existence, and find reason in their being and surrounding.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels