"How are you?"
"I'm good, I'm good! I can honestly say that, Alhamdulillah, 2018 has been an incredibly eye opening year, at least for its first quarter. Right now I'm busy getting into the hustle of things, and I am extremely grateful to be granted the chance to exercise my capabilities across the board of a number of fields.
For one, I'm a full time creative at The I/O Movement. My official working title is Brand Consultant, but what I do encompasses so much more, as it's primarily based on the current projects that we're handling. For the most part I write, I take photos, I draw, I edit graphics, I meet people... and some! I am surrounded by a steady stream of colleagues I admire and respect, each crazy in their own way, and I get to do something I enjoy, so there's that.
My weekends are currently being taken up by my Canon classes. To fully express my emotions towards this opportunity will warrant another post specially dedicated to it. But just to touch on this, I was selected as one of the participants for the Canon EOS Youth Ambassador program. It's basically a weekend course, throughout 6 months, to take up photography classes and learn about the techniques and technologies behind it. There's 26 of us and so far it's been a dream come true. I'll write more about this, I promise.
That aside, one of my dreams this year, to be a travel host, is (insyaAllah) going to take off very soon! We're off to film in Myanmar in the first week of April, to create content for 4 episodes that will be published online in August. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best that it'll work out! This first year is just a look into this window of opportunity, so if this succeeds, lets hope that it opens more doors.
On the topic of travelling, I am still attached to Awesome Adventure, the travel agency. This week I've just received an offer to fly to Kashmir in May to take care of a pax of 30 people. I need to navigate my leave and see my schedule, but it would be an amazing experience I think! That's still on my plate, albeit on the sidelines, but it's good to know that I am still attached. This gig goes in line with my personal values of exploring, travelling and tourism, all of which, again, I'll have to find time to properly elaborate. So that's for the present!
On the cards for the rest of the year are a couple of big goals that I'm working towards.. I normally reserve my future dreams and plans to myself, but lately I'm beginning to realise the value in stating your intentions out loud, committing to it, and working for it. I'm hoping to kick off two of homestay projects (one in Marang, one in Cameron Highlands) by the end of 2018. I'm aiming for it to be a chain of getaways of sorts, this is the rough idea for now, which will definitely need proper planning. The big travel plan this year is US, for Farhana's wedding in October.
So that's a snapshot of my train of thoughts as of 3pm on the 16 March 2018. I can say this with utter sincerity and transparency- of how I am caught busy with all of these mentioned projects in my life. I'm praying, as always, that it'll work out for the best! No grand plans to celebrate my birthday today, which, somehow, I sincerely don't mind. I guess having a sense of the bigger picture helps hehe. I'm basking in the gifts and the existing blessings, which are abundant masyaAllah. Leaving this entry as it is, candid and unedited, because that's how it is.
"I'm good, I'm good! I can honestly say that, Alhamdulillah, 2018 has been an incredibly eye opening year, at least for its first quarter. Right now I'm busy getting into the hustle of things, and I am extremely grateful to be granted the chance to exercise my capabilities across the board of a number of fields.
For one, I'm a full time creative at The I/O Movement. My official working title is Brand Consultant, but what I do encompasses so much more, as it's primarily based on the current projects that we're handling. For the most part I write, I take photos, I draw, I edit graphics, I meet people... and some! I am surrounded by a steady stream of colleagues I admire and respect, each crazy in their own way, and I get to do something I enjoy, so there's that.
My weekends are currently being taken up by my Canon classes. To fully express my emotions towards this opportunity will warrant another post specially dedicated to it. But just to touch on this, I was selected as one of the participants for the Canon EOS Youth Ambassador program. It's basically a weekend course, throughout 6 months, to take up photography classes and learn about the techniques and technologies behind it. There's 26 of us and so far it's been a dream come true. I'll write more about this, I promise.
That aside, one of my dreams this year, to be a travel host, is (insyaAllah) going to take off very soon! We're off to film in Myanmar in the first week of April, to create content for 4 episodes that will be published online in August. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best that it'll work out! This first year is just a look into this window of opportunity, so if this succeeds, lets hope that it opens more doors.
On the topic of travelling, I am still attached to Awesome Adventure, the travel agency. This week I've just received an offer to fly to Kashmir in May to take care of a pax of 30 people. I need to navigate my leave and see my schedule, but it would be an amazing experience I think! That's still on my plate, albeit on the sidelines, but it's good to know that I am still attached. This gig goes in line with my personal values of exploring, travelling and tourism, all of which, again, I'll have to find time to properly elaborate. So that's for the present!
On the cards for the rest of the year are a couple of big goals that I'm working towards.. I normally reserve my future dreams and plans to myself, but lately I'm beginning to realise the value in stating your intentions out loud, committing to it, and working for it. I'm hoping to kick off two of homestay projects (one in Marang, one in Cameron Highlands) by the end of 2018. I'm aiming for it to be a chain of getaways of sorts, this is the rough idea for now, which will definitely need proper planning. The big travel plan this year is US, for Farhana's wedding in October.
So that's a snapshot of my train of thoughts as of 3pm on the 16 March 2018. I can say this with utter sincerity and transparency- of how I am caught busy with all of these mentioned projects in my life. I'm praying, as always, that it'll work out for the best! No grand plans to celebrate my birthday today, which, somehow, I sincerely don't mind. I guess having a sense of the bigger picture helps hehe. I'm basking in the gifts and the existing blessings, which are abundant masyaAllah. Leaving this entry as it is, candid and unedited, because that's how it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment