Friday, May 11, 2018

A reflection from PWTC


Here's to the demise of blatant kleptocracy. 

After months of working for the office that holds administrative power, hours of toiling through manifestos, participating in campaign meetings, preparing marketing presentations for the then incumbent party, even after being swindled and ripped off, it feels otherworldly to witness the end of such a system. The previous political party felt like an all-too-powerful entity that had enough money and people to ensure their interminable influence. Then somehow, against all odds, the results of Malaysia's 14th General Elections proved otherwise. 

Having gained various experiences in relation to the former government, I firmly state that I am not against the whole party. In fact, there are certain policies, projects, and leaders that I appreciate and very much admire in their efforts to making Malaysia a better place. Unfortunately, and I repeat, the corrupted actions of a certain few has necessitated change. It is high time that as a nation we do not associate the word 'politics' with terms like 'corruption', 'wealthy', 'archaic' and other synonyms. It's time for a breath of fresh air and to allow room for a new direction of rule in Malaysia.

I say this now after months of quiet anger as I observed the titanic undertakings and backend deals of a former ruling party, further entrenching my belief that such a system had to end, and finding my musings conflicted as I pondered how it would ever be defied, when their octopoid dominion seemed so filled with hidden cards to play. I confess that as a citizen I should have done more: sponsored certain activists and activities, attended rallies, propagated and uphold a right. Perhaps I am just one of those people who never wish to publicly feature too partisan or inclined in her stances. 

I am incredibly grateful and I wholeheartedly respect everyone who went out to vote. Each and every one of you has made a difference in the future of our nation. Each and every one of you has contributed to the forces of change and democracy of this country. What transpired this May has paved the way for a lot of people to begin believing, trusting, and working towards a better future. The events that has occurred this week has inspired and provoked people like me to begin understanding and contributing more pro-actively in patriotism. 

Here's to change for the whole. And a reminder for change in the individual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels