Wednesday, December 5, 2018

From Al Aqsa



A couple of nights ago I found myself with the jemaah for Isyak at the Dome of The Rock in Al Aqsa. Minutes before that I was rushing through the streets of Old Jerusalem with Iman, after a quick rest at a coffee shop hidden near the entrance at Lion Gate. 

When the jemaah finished I stayed over for additional prayers and recitals, and for the first time in a while, found myself releasing the knots in my chest that had been accumulating since, well, Michigan. I stayed on til the guards of the mosque kindly told me that they were closing. 

I can’t for the life of me comprehend the enormous magnitude of the blessings that has been bestowed upon me, especially in this past few months since October. Exactly this time last month I was gazing at stars above the Nevada desert, now looking at them from the ancient city of Jerusalem. 

Of the few conclusions I can muster for what is one of the most incredible and turbulent past few months is - check yourself. When life’s pace is carrying you, whether in ebb or in rush, check yourself often and be present. Find those moments to pause and be with where you are.  


And insyaAllah, you’ll be headed where you’re meant to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels