Friday, January 4, 2019

Sore mental muscles

Life, post academia, has become an ongoing journey of navigating that tangled web referred to as adulthood. I've said this as much over my scattered entries in the past two annum, that I've been subjected to so much more 'doing' rather than 'feeling'. Recent developments in the internet's trend grapevine led me to scour my decade-old blog entries and I've landed ass first into the realisation that 10 year ago me was a lot more feeling rather than doing. And with the gift of hindsight I've come to appreciate the hilarity of this development.

As internally barren as I feel now, I hope in the next ten years I'll find a further footing in balancing my psychological dispositions. I've trudged through the socially acceptable journey of university and scoring a semi respectable job in a city that I appreciate, so with any luck the next ten years will bring about more serendipity and blessings in the form of a loving family of my own, a beautiful home, and amazing adventures into the world of financial stability, entrepreneurship and business. There is magic in being grateful for the simple things, and striving to achieve the larger, grander, dreams.

This entry concludes as all my generic entries do nowadays, with that ever underlying hope, that the only way to go forward is upwards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels