You know what, I'm rarely one to air my personal tribulations in public but i felt like i wanted to share this.
I had a mental breakdown yesterday.
I knew it was coming. I've been feeling like crap for a couple of days, due to a number of reasons. It was triggered last night and I burst out crying, panicking, gasping in breaths, unable to think, unable to really do anything. At 10pm I climbed up the service stairwell of my office building, found the top floor, laid down on the cement and cried my heart out.
The last time I felt like this was perhaps 3 years ago. It was horrible.
But yesterday, eventually, after a long while, I calmed down. I centered myself. I picked myself back up, washed up, and got going.
It wasn't a switch on/off. It's acknowledging that sometimes you're going to have breakdowns and the meltdowns and all the bad stuff. The important thing is to recognize that it's not the end all, and that it's just a phase. The motions of our life is made up of phases, good, bad, up, down. And you'll get through it one way or another.
Allow yourself that space to break and recover. Allow yourself that time out. Allow yourself to remember that it's momentary, that you're able to prioritise things too and that you can function despite it :) allow yourself to get up, get going and push through.
Your breaks don't define you.
Your successes don't define you.
Your attitude and your ability to grow from it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment