On the moments before my departure to the incredible principality of atolls, an inherent emotion of golden ardour began blooming inside me. It felt like the essence of Felix Felicis, liquid luck, generally just a really good feeling in my gut. I couldn’t quite pinpoint it exactly, but it was strong enough that I took note, that I remembered thinking, in the most simplest way, ‘this is going to be good, something great is going to happen.’
And then, when I departed said destination, less than 72 hours later.. I was overwhelmed with this profound sense of sadness. It was as if some inert part of my soul had been broken, to the point where I had to sit on the sidewalk near Munnaaru, in Malé, and let it pass. It was a staggering melancholy, a longing for a loss I couldn’t understand. The occurrences that had taken place within those last few days resulted within me this bewildering dysphoria.
Til today I wondered if the butterfly’s wings that stirred the air in Aarah will create a hurricane in a future day. I only pray that it’ll be a good and fair one.
No comments:
Post a Comment