"Awake, dear heart, awake. Thou hast slept well. Awake."- William Shakespeare
I wonder if I fucked it up. But if I hadn't done it, I'd have wondered something else. Life is a series of choices between wonders.
__________
"At some point in life the world's beauty becomes enough. You don't need to photograph, paint fo even remember it. It is enough."- Toni MorrissonLast night I lay on the frozen ground, staring up at a clear sky only somewhat ruined by light pollution and the fog produced by my own breath - no telescope or anything, just me and the wide-open sky - and I kept thinking about sky is a singular noun, as if it's one thing. But the sky isn't one thing. The sky is everything. And last night, it was enough.
____________
I can't remember the last time I fell so hard for a fictional character.
No comments:
Post a Comment