Thursday, April 30, 2020

Aarah



Once, somewhere in a pocket of earth's paradise, I sat and watched the sun rise over the Indian Ocean. The wondrous, golden gleam was enough to satiate my hunger, even though meters behind me sat a breakfast spread that was fit for a king. I had already soaked in the waves, the sea breeze, the smell of salt, the sand beneath my toes, already shed the ghost of a tear or two - because despite how generic my words are sketching this scene, the reality was truly a heaven, a paradise to melt even the most indifferent hearts. At this point of that glorious morning I was already seated on the rattan chair, a half emptied glass of freshly squeezed juice in front of me, staring into the shining horizon. My phone was disconnected from the island's wifi, for better or worse. Better, that I may relish in the luxury of this view. Worse, because I had a duty to work that morning. Some time after this you found me, and we spent almost an hour sharing a conversation that traipsed across a carnival of subjects. Philosophy, love, religion, culture, to name a poor few. The specific contents of which I can barely recall now. But it was the simple act of connection, even though we were two completely different people from two drastically disparate backgrounds, that anchored my soul to this moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels