These past few weeks have been a wild ride in the journey of self reflection. It feels as if I'm trapped in a room of mirrors, having to contemplate and examine each image to find an exit. They rebound versions of myself that question the very core of my being. Why do I project such facades? Where is the source of my desire to uphold decorum? Is it possible for me to release control of my actions and its consequence? What do I truly value and need? And more than anything, how does the day-to-day conduct of my character contribute to the future I desire?
It's a funny fact that in a year where I'm forced to literally stay in one place, the best way out is to dive in. I've spent the last 11 months delving into various outlets of interest (oh, so many! from photography courses to branding internships, French tutorials to violin lessons, yoga classes to running sessions, reading books and even starting my own business - it's an endless, shameless list). It's been an absolute kicker but with the beauty of timing and epiphanies, I have come to realise that the universe is demanding for me to check-in with my internal self.
The truth is I've spent the last few years diving and relishing in amazing escapades and endeavours. It's been a monumental source of life experience. I feel like a sponge soaking up the world's offerings in all of its beauty and bitterness; I am filled with numerous and diverse backstories. The ideal now is to channel all of these events to build, grow, or create something that I care for. To begin seriously investing, and working towards, a future that I'll love. It's a daunting destination and the road is rife with life lessons. But for the most part, I guess I just have to equip myself with enough guts and faith.
It's this last thing that I'm hoping to stock up, in this final leg, of 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment