Saturday, August 7, 2021

Petrificus Totalus

I'm going to be completely honest here - I'm petrified out of my wits. 

I keep wondering if at one point I'm going to wake up in my bed in Shah Alam, shaking this whole experience away in a dream. It's been slightly over 48 hours and my mind is still wrapping around this reality. Ever so often I'd look out of the window and be whirled into this eruption of wonder, excitement and fear. Because how is this even real? How can it be that in this tremendously challenging year, in this environment of utter uncertainty, that I am here? Somehow the fates realigned and I managed to carve a wormhole to warp myself into this incredible timeline. The timeline where I'm in London, on the brink of some exciting projects, by all means living the day in my dream life. I'm bracing myself for the moment where it'll actually sink in.

So far I'm on Day 2 of Quarantine, so I've yet to immerse myself in the full force of the city. Outside, the weather plays its daily screensaver of fluctuating skies. At one point I'll have to go out there and experience the crowds, the commute and the climate for a prolonged period of time. I'm preparing myself to embrace this wholeheartedly, acknowledging that the reality might have to sink in increments. I'm just going to give myself time to go with the flow of emotions and mental process that comes with being displaced after over a year of being grounded. Perhaps what I'm experiencing is more shock than anything else.  For the time being, I'm keeping my head down and easing into this life slowly and mindfully. This is the chrysalis phase, I know. 

 I know it's going to be amazing. It's going to be beyond what I've imagined. 

By His sheer grace. inshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels