Thursday, September 16, 2021

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be

A quick entry to mark the 16th of September

There are few comparable elations to the joy of learning something you absolutely love. In one of the few instances in my life, I was able to regard an academic setting with absolute euphoria, enchanted by the knowledge that was being shared. Fireworks were flickering in my head as I realised that I was doing it, really doing it, it being studying a subject that made my eyes sparkle and my mouth smile. 

In the back of my head, it feels like I've traded my soul for this existence. Or maybe even musing at the thought that two years of being on house arrest was worth it, to be able to live in this present. I skip every day, under the London blue skies, on the historic cobbled streets, flanked by brick facades, thinking, this is it, this is IT, I am living my absolute dream. This is the cumulative prayers and hopes of years. This is the version of myself I'd most aspire to be. 

The gratitude that I feel, even just being here, is one that I cannot begin to explain. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels