Thursday, June 9, 2022

This is me processing

I'll be moving to the UK.

I'll be moving to the UK

I will be moving to the UK. 

Here I sit in contemplation. The next five years, at least, stretches on to mark a significant period of change. Theatrics aside, and to be purely technical, I have been granted endorsement to apply for my global talent visa. There are tests to do, scurries to the embassy, passport paperwork to complete. But the bottom line is there for my stating: come couple of months, I will hold in my hand the right to remain and leave the UK as I please. 

The first emotion come the news was shock, then a wave of relief. I have been saved from the anxiety of counting down days for a confirmation, since I now have an answer. A weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I am able to carry on with my life's programs without that thread hanging from my head. Now, it's been a couple of hours, and a new mass of thoughts is setting in: the gravity of how pivotal my next moves could be. 

Unlike my past journeys, this is no more the tentative exploration of a young, naive heart. This is the responsibility of a lifetime that I nestle in my hands. There is a life I must build now. Savings that I must grow. A home that I desire to care for. A future, fantastical family that I must consider. The real, adultness of these concerns have me in a feather of cautiousness. But I am charged to take flight. 

I have been waiting for this moment for the past few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels