Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Meet Joe Black

JB : I don't care Bill. I love her.

WP : How perfect for you - to take whatever you want because it pleases you. That's not love.

JB: Then what is it?

WP : Some aimless infatuation which, for the moment, you feel like indulging - it's missing everything that matters.

JB : Which is what?

WP : Trust, responsibility, taking the weight for your choices and feelings, and spending the rest of your life living up to them. And above all, not hurting the object of your love.

JB: So that's what love is according to William Parrish?

WP : Multiply it by infinity, and take it to the depth of forever, and you will still have barely a glimpse of what I'm talking about.


JB: How did you know you love her?

Q: Because she knows the worst thing about me and it's ok. It's like you know each other's secrets, your deepest darkest secrets. And then you.. you're free. You're free to love each other completely, totally. Just no fear. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels