I’m entering this year with a step of hesitancy. It’s a disquiet laced with cautiousness and tentative hope. I’m genuinely unsure if it’s the age factor (i.e. the increasing awareness of passing time and mortality) but I can feel myself moving in a different current, and at a different pace. What was once a steady stream of water sprouts that I could flit and dip through, is now a vast and deep ocean inviting me to glide, or be pulled under, and to wade through at leisure or chase. It’s calling me to move with a deeper intention, to deeper goals.
The last time I was enthusiastic about a new year was perhaps 2020 (and don’t we all know how well that turned out); so it’s best that I enter this one with a more square head on my ready shoulders. There is a mountain to ascend come this next few years, and I’m finally setting my goggles for long term gains.
Here’s to new, and higher peaks, to stablity, to security, and to love. InsyaAllah
No comments:
Post a Comment