Tuesday, June 4, 2024

What's Another Word for an Annual Event

 

I am not sure how I didn't realise this; but it's coming up to a year since the world and my public image as I knew it was wrecked off its axis. It's been a hell of a journey trying to navigate my way back to a sense of self-actualisation. In the months since, I've managed to grasp on to whatever strands of self-belief to hold myself together; amidst periods of feeling extremely off-kilter, unreasonable, and unpurposeful. This process was aided through fortifying myself with external material embellishments, 3 different therapists, a finger-ful of travelling (and not until this very recent one that I felt most present), and the occasional burying my head in the sand approach. There is no neat conclusion to this train of thought because as the saying goes, healing isn't linear, it takes time 


                                                                    - But since the narrative is mine to control and we are 

                                                                                            what  we t  hink (heh), 

                                                                                        I continue this entry off - tangent in a more 

                                                                          celebratory note because, INSYA ALLAH, by the 

                                                                                                    grace of Allah, 

It will be 1000% better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels