As far as beginnings go, 2026 is a torrential, emotional tsunami. I can't recall exactly the last time my mind was bludgeoned by a surge of feelings - grief, hope, determination, boredom, incapacity, love, joy, mild amusement, regret, pride - compressed within the window spanning 31st and 1st. That annual threshold between an ending and a beginning, emphasised drastically by the moving out (and consequent homelessness), has never felt as bold as this one. At one point in these past 36 hours I was this *insert finger pinching emoji* close to giving up, packing it all, and planning my relocation back to Malaysia. Because the truth is, I can't be bothered with the struggle of starting over. But a niggling part of my brain keeps drumming "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail", and reminding me that at every point in my life where I didn't think it could get better, it has. In addition to all this, is an awareness of a certain level of agency and operational frequency that grants you access to the winners circle. These past few years have seen me on a diverging tangent to this track of thought. Maybe this year is the year I consciously recover. Maybe the healing period has come to a close. Maybe this year I will win bigger.
In which case, there are no 'maybes' this year. There is only conviction and faith.

No comments:
Post a Comment