Places I've cried in since January 2026:
1. Albion Gate, Hyde Park
2. In the Qatar Airways business class Q-suite en route from Doha.
3. In the chauffeured Benz after landing in Heathrow.
4. All over Belgravia.
5. Portland Street, after pilates, where I was given some tissues by a kind man with a D5 number plate.
6. All over Bayswater, but particularly, walking back from my first terawih at Malaysian Hall.
7. 148 Bus. Jubilee tube.
8. Victoria Station because what's new.
At any given moment these days I am truly just one stroke away from absolutely losing my shit.
It's funny that in a month where my career is being celebrated and requested, I am navigating one of the most turbulent emotional phases because what do you mean I've lost a home and I am so so far away from my comfort circle and London is extremely costly to navigate and I refuse to live in squalor or discomfort and somewhere at the back of my head I'm aware that I'm 34 and I should be having kids and a big house at this point BUT we are here, in this timeline, being a sought after photographer by the movers and shakers of this iconic city, living and working within the prestigious enclave of this Belgravia address, planning holidays, flying in comfort, getting published globally - so, back to living the dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment