Saturday, February 4, 2012

DeLorean - an Essay Question

"If you had a time machine, what year would you go back to?"

What makes you think I want to go back in time? To a year in which I'd already lived in, especially knowing what would inevitably happen somewhere down the road; of the people I'd meet and lose along the way; the euphoric successes that I've already tasted, or the heartbreaks that I've survived? Fine, maybe I would improve on the things that I had miss the first round. Perhaps prevent events that would've brought enormous pain and suffering. Make the right decisions, and be more patient. Do all the stuff I wish I had done, no regrets, more parties! But honestly, it doesn't change the fact that I've already gone through it, and it's happened. More to the point - it wouldn't have brought me to where I am now. Every step of the way has somehow carried its own bittersweet lessons and experiences, becoming glowing neon highlights on the pages of my life. So as great as it was, if I had a time machine, I would certainly not go back.  At this point for me, there's only the future to look forward to, not the past, however familiar and comforting it could be. Keep moving - that's life's master key.

So to answer the question: if I had a time machine, I'd probably race off to 2015 or 2020 - just for a quick charming glimpse to see if they'd invented hoverboards yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels