Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Ace Plus Cube


There are moments in life, when you pray for a sign, you receive a smack in the face. The genius of this is that smacks are not always a bad thing. 

I've been decaying in the crevices of self pity for the most part of the present, shoving mounds of shackled will and lumpy frustration in a dirt bag to be paraded on some desolated stage. It's increasingly agonizing when deep down you're aware you're capable of so much more, and yet for some unfathomable circumstance lack the very atoms to change things. It's a disease; a flesh devouring, neuron consuming virus, not in the least, pounding and crushing out every positive feeling you could've harboured. The past few weeks was an accumulation of bad decisions, failed grades and a tired heart, and to be honest, at some point today I was on the verge of collapsing in a pathetic heap.

The lecturer for the course Research Method returned our checked assignments in class today. I've been performing on the borderline of failure, and was made even more defeated when I didn't receive my papers, owning to some life anomaly. The lecturer resolved, as he had scanned my papers, for me to follow him to his office to obtain it. He printed it out, and handed me the paper, that he had graded A+++. I was stunned, an A in his class is a rare occasion. With this, he looked at me meaningfully - a stare that said a thousand words, that reprimanded me and scolded me and brought me back to earth; a note that bloomed hope and made me realise I wasn't such a terribly, incompetent, lazy asshat, that I could be worthy, if I just invested effort - and he said "good luck."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels