Take time off, they always tell me. In between all my deadlines, meetings and pending plans, amidst all my schedules pertaining the future, investments in energy and time for some incoming time frame, I've been wondering how it is that I ended up considering dinner at home once a month to be a rare occasion, and how it is that sitting in an empty office close to midnight seems normal. I was determined to grow up and get going with my life after getting beaten down so hard, but somewhere along the way I lost my ability to live - live, as how I used to. Live, in the moment, for the moment, in grabbing chances and opportunities without caring for consequences. It's the kind of adrenaline rush that I've folded cautiously into a small closet at the back of my mind, and now it's rattling in its drawer, sending off sparks and glitter and demanding to be felt.
Hold still heart, I need my wisdom too.
Hold still heart, I need my wisdom too.
No comments:
Post a Comment